Théophile Deyrolle ( - )
Théophile Deyrolle studied architecture and then entered the École des Beaux-Arts in Paris, in the studios of Alexandre Cabanel and William Bouguereau. It was there that he met Alfred Guillou, a painter from Concarneau, where the two men went in 1871. Théophile Deyrolle became a Breton and an adopted inhabitant of Concarneau when he married Suzanne Guillou, the sister of his friend Alfred. With his friend and brother-in-law, he is considered the founder of the Concarneau School.
Settled in Concarneau, he worked for the HB earthenware factory in Quimper, decorating dishes, plates and vases with Japanese motifs. Then attracted by the life of the port and the trades of the sea, he became a fishmonger. His favourite pictorial subjects revolve around port life. He produced decorative panels for various hotels in the region, portraits, numerous landscapes and, in 1909, a series of pastoral scenes.