The ruins of the castle of Suscinio under the snow
Polychrome earthenware. Dated 1875.
The Pichenot-Loebnitz factory was founded by Mr. Pichenot. In 1833. In 1841, Mr. Pichenot had started the manufacture of unbreakable earthenware panels for fireplace interiors and various coverings, presented with success at the 1844 exhibition. In 1857, Jules Paul Loebnitz took over the management of the faience factory, which mainly produced stoves and firebacks. From 1860 onwards, Jules Paul Loebnitz started to produce architectural ceramics with Paul Sédille.